The drive for operational excellence
The drive for operational excellence is relentless, impacting every financial institution, wherever you operate, whatever your role in the industry.
The push comes from many sides. Regulatory oversight demands raise the bar for operational requirements. Reduced margins and increased cost pressures necessitate greater efficiency. The immediate reputational consequence of any operational failure looms; customers expect high-quality products and services. You need resilient operating centres. You need to plan for business continuity and long-term capacity. You need 24/7 operational monitoring.
The challenges of adopting the right governance, processes and controls are significant. Whether you have the internal resources to undertake the implementation or you must leverage external organisations with appropriate resources, you will need support, services, and expertise. Your people, processes, practices — every aspect must align to achieve operational excellence.
National Bank of Abu Dhabi
Five pillars of operational excellence
- Enact strict governance, processes and controls spanning five pillars
- Align the organisation to maximise efficiency, eliminate redundancies
- Leverage external organisations if internal resources are insufficient
Financial institutions and market infrastructures must enact processes and controls across five key pillars.
People and culture involves relevant training, certification, formal planning, and management. Processes involve software deployment, monitoring and control, and change, incident, and crisis management. Assurance necessitates procedures to ensure readiness (requirements, sign-off, deployment and testing), BCP and resilience, and compliance. Command and control concerns process and security monitoring and well-defined roles. And continuous improvement, strives to always push the bar higher.
Business operations review — assessment, design, implementation
- Benchmark your messaging framework against peers
- Optimise your messaging flow by reducing manual flows and using standardised channels
- Review your operational processes to increase efficiency and drive automation
Technical operations review — assessment, design, implementation
- Benchmark your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) against peers
- Evaluate the best sourcing approach
- Increase the resilience and security of your SWIFT Infrastructure.
Leverage training that delivers best-practice for business continuity, security, and disaster recovery processes for SWIFT Alliance interfaces. Comprehensive workshops on specific subjects are available.
We provide qualifications for SWIFT-related functions.
Leverage premium support (available online, telephone and onsite) which ensures priority handling, incident resolution and proactive monitoring.
Alliance managed operations (AMO)
With AMO, SWIFT can remotely manage your Alliance interfaces on your behalf. That includes continuous real-time monitoring, troubleshooting, and more.
We provide on-demand assistance and preventive care. The package includes change management assistance such as mandatory patch installation; recurring sanity checks and emergency on-site assistance.
Ten years’ worth of assessment data, across 1000+ firms and 5000+ projects qualifies us to…
- …offer pragmatic operational excellence services
- …benchmark the performance of your firm against your peers
- …fix governance, processes and infrastructure issues