Innotribe announces the winners of the 2015 Startup Challenge Showcase in New York
Hyper, SizeUp, Token, Payfirma and Pendo Systems advance to Innotribe Startup Challenge Finale at Sibos in Singapore.
New York, 18 June 2015 - The Innotribe Startup Challenge attendees selected the five finalists from the American leg of the Startup Challenge to compete at Sibos Singapore in October. The showcase was held on Thursday 18 June, in partnership with .
The three early-stage startup finalists are:
- are developing Hyperledger, a distributed ledger platform tailored for financial institutions to help mitigate settlement risk, prevent trade breaks and cut reconciliation costs.
- provides financial institutions with big data for their small business customers to make smarter decisions through data.
- helps banks meet the requirements for fast and secure payments by providing an end-to-end payments ecosystem accessible to developers, where all transactions are authorized using digital signatures.
The two growth-stage startup finalists are:
- helps small businesses simplify payment acceptance, increase sales and have better visibility with real time data.
- finds and links together desperate legacy systems creating a single and searchable view to help Legal, Risk, Compliance and Executives exhilarate the Customer Experience and solve data quality inconsistencies with Extropik,patented linked data and semantics tool.
"With its unique combination of finance and technology, New York is the perfect backdrop to support the startup ecosystem." says, Fabian Vandenreydt, Head of Markets Management, Innotribe and the SWIFT Institute at SWIFT. "Every year we grow more impressed with the calibre of the startups and level of participation from the financial community in this region. With major financial institutions and technology companies supporting the New York showcase, it has become one of our most popular events. We congratulate the winners from the New York showcase and wish them much success at the finals at Sibos in Singapore later this year."
New York was the fourth regional showcase to be held in 2015 and was sponsored by Deutsche Bank, HP, IBM, Invest Northern Ireland, Level39, Luxembourg for Finance and Wells Fargo. The 20 finalists selected from the four regional showcases (London, Cape Town, Singapore and New York) will now head to the Finale taking place at Sibos Singapore on 14 October.
For more information about the Innotribe Startup Challenge and the Finale at Sibos,
To access the full list of companies participating in the 2015 Startup Challenge, . Companies are listed in alphabetical order and by showcase.
Launched in 2009, SWIFT Innotribe is about innovation and connecting people, networks and ideas. We bring together global innovators and investors, strategists, and influential decision-makers from leading financial institutions across the globe, providing them early insights into innovations that could disrupt current business models and create opportunities for new ones. Through the Startup Challenge competition, we bridge the gap between the startup ecosystem and the financial service community.
For more information, please visit or follow us on and .
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in more than 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest.
+44 (0)20 7426 9400