SWIFT Innotribe Announces Finalists for Startup Challenge at Sibos, Dubai
Brussels, 17 July 2013 - Innotribe, SWIFT's initiative to enable collaborative innovation in financial services, has announced the 15 finalists for the 2013 Innotribe Startup Challenge finale. The finalists, selected from over 200 applicants by a panel of expert investors and financial industry professionals in Europe, the Americas and Asia, represent the most important up and coming products and services for the financial sector.
At in Dubai, SWIFT's annual conference, the finalists will showcase their innovations to an audience of VCs, angel investors and key industry professionals, who in turn will name the early-stage startup and growth-stage innovator most likely to impact the financial industry, and award a $50,000 prize to the top startup.
The six growth-stage innovator finalists are:
- , a product that interconnects banking operations providing information on business processes, screen simulations of IT systems, e-books of regulations and business performance.
- , visual analytic software that allows users to access large-scale data systems, and construct, edit and explore interlinked 3D arenas and workspaces intuitively.
- , an automated service that has helped companies and lenders in more than 20 countries to identify high potential, credit-worthy entrepreneurs based on a psychometric system, while reducing their default rates and risks.
- , a global payment enabling service that facilitates the online spending of under eighteens and young adults in a parent approved manner.
- , a liquid defence micro-vm to protect mobile applications against cyber-attacks.
- , a solution that solves a specific problem affecting the future use of Java as the industry moves towards higher levels of infrastructure virtualisation and private Clouds.
The nine early-stage startup finalists are:
- , a platform that uses mobile and social technology to reinvent the way that economic migrants send money back to their families in the developing world.
- , automatically generates qualified time-sensitive sales leads, tracking the performance and activity of every business in the economy in real time.
- , a secure mobile platform that lowers money transfer cost to zero by using SWIFT standards to allow cash to be sent or received from any mobile wallet or bank account worldwide.
- , a regulated clearing service for central and commercial banks.
- , an application to manage personal finance providing a single view on spending.
- , an innovative web platform that allows investors to browse, screen and sign rare real estate opportunities that have been historically difficult to access.
- , a simple, fast and safe solution to efficiently manage online mandates and contracts with their end-customers.
- , a virtually "invisible" mobile payment authentication solution that protects consumers, merchants and financial institutions from identity theft and transaction-related breaches.
- , a modern secure and scalable cloud-based international transaction system that cuts out middlemen, reduces transaction costs and offers services currently unheard of.
Innotribe is committed to helping SWIFT member institutions and the wider banking community, identify and address important gaps within the financial technology sector.
Nektarios Liolios, Executive Producer of the Innotribe Startup Challenge says: "The Startup Challenge provides invaluable exposure and networking opportunities to those firms that require a platform for great their business ideas. Our primary focus at Sibos is to provide an environment where the most promising innovators can connect with the world's leading financial institutions. Now in the second full year of the Startup Challenge, our network of industry professionals has grown, enabling us to facilitate this much needed connection. We are excited to see what the finalists bring to the table at Sibos!"
Tony Fish, Innovation Warehouse Founder & Innotribe Enabler says: "Since the financial crisis, we have seen an emergence of new talent and innovation within the industry. Over the last two years, the Innotribe Startup Challenge has provided the opportunity to work with and help nurture this talent. I look forward to seeing what the finalists have to offer at Sibos and to working with them to help progress their businesses in the future."
The Innotribe Startup Challenge finale will be held on Wednesday 18 September at 1.30pm in the Innotribe space at Sibos. Attendance is open to all at the event. It is one of several sessions and interactive, immersive discussions within taking place in Dubai 16-19 September. The programme will include a powerful mix of workshops designed to help you co-discover, co-create and co-deliver, covering a range of topics crucial to the future of the financial industry.
The Innotribe Startup Challenge is sponsored by , , and .
For further information about the Innotribe Startup Challenge please visit:
For further information on the.
Launched in 2009, Innotribe is SWIFT's initiative to enable collaborative innovation in financial services. Innotribe presents an energising mix of education, new perspectives, collaboration, facilitation and incubation to professionals and entrepreneurs who are willing to drive change within their industry. It fosters creative thinking in financial services, through debating the options (at Innotribe events) and supporting the creation of innovative new solutions (through the Incubator, Startup Challenge and Proof of Concepts (POCs). It is through this approach, the Innotribe team at SWIFT is able to generate a platform that enables innovation across SWIFT and the financial community. For more information, please visit
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 212 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest.
For more information, please refer to http://e-paying.info/ or contact:
Paul Bowhay / Katherine Dvorkin
Tel: +44 (0) 207 426 9400