- Fast, accurate and comprehensive screening of databases and individual names
- Hosted service provides cost-effective screening for smaller institutions
- Complements transaction screening to meet your key compliance needs
- Protect your business and reduce operational costs
- We’re working together to fight financial crime
- Resources and insights
- Other resources
Financial institutions must comply with stringent obligations around Sanctions and Know Your Customer regulations. This requires upfront due diligence during customer onboarding and ongoing checks against lists of sanctioned organisations and individuals, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and Relatives and Close Associates (RCAs).
Increasingly, too, corporations must screen customers and suppliers for due diligence. But screening can be a complex and labour-intensive task, involving maintenance of multiple lists and regular screening of high volumes of data.
Our hosted Name Screening service automates these checks: lists are maintained centrally and updated promptly and Name Screening can handle large databases with ease, as well as providing easy online look-up for individual searches.
Smaller firms and institutions may find that enterprise-scale, bespoke screening engines are too expensive and complex to implement in their environment.
Name Screening is ideal in this situation. It’s a fully-hosted service and list updates are handled centrally.
Name Screening offers advanced features: it can be configured provide an immediate response to queries, or generate a response as part of a workflow.
Name Screening is available for usage-based subscription, with no hidden fees for lists or systems upgrades.
Simple, secure and effective screening of customer names and databases
In addition to screening transactions, you also need to screen names whenever you onboard new customers and throughout your business relationships with them.
Name Screening is an important addition to our Financial Compliance portfolio. When combined with our Sanctions Screening tool (which is already used by over 700 banks and corporates), Name Screening allows you to effectively address key compliance requirements.
Name Screening is the latest in our portfolio of community-inspired solutions to help in the fight against financial crime.
It automates the screening of entities and individual names for matches against publically available sanctions, PEP and RCA lists, and against your own lists uploaded to the system.
Advanced Name Screening features ensure your checks are fast and accurate, aligned with your compliance and risk policies and procedures, and appropriate for regulated institutions:
- Check entire databases and single names against the most commonly used sanctions, PEP and RCA lists – more than 1.5 million PEPs and RCAs are covered.
- Configure Name Screening to provide an immediate answer to search queries or generate a response as part of a business workflow.
- Reduce the number of false positives, thanks to Name Screening’s smart technology.
- Benefit from a full audit trail and advanced alert management.
Easy and cost-effective to implement
Name Screening combines high performance and powerful functionality with ease of implementation and cost-effectiveness:
- Secure, fully-hosted web service
- No software or hardware to install or maintain
- Lists are maintained centrally
- Easily configured for your users and policies
- Future-proofed service that will adapt to changing requirements
- Simple usage-based billing with no hidden extras.
Leverages and complements SWIFT’s compliance portfolio
When you use Name Screening, you also benefit from SWIFT’s deep experience of developing hosted, community-based compliance services. For example, our Sanctions Screening service is used by over 700 institutions world-wide to screen transactions they send and receive.
We also monitor and fine-tune Name Screening using Sanctions Testing and share the test results with users. Sanctions Testing is used by many of the world’s largest banks to test and tune their in-house filters and lists.