President of the Republic of Ghana Nana Akufo-Addo to open SWIFT African Regional Conference in Ghana
SWIFT’s flagship African event, supported by the Bank of Ghana, will gather more than 500 financial services professionals from across Africa
The President of the Republic of Ghana, His Excellency Nana Akufo-Addo, will open its African Regional Conference (ARC), taking place in Accra on 18-20 June 2019.
Supported by the Bank of Ghana, ARC 2019 will bring together more than 500 leading financial services professionals from across the continent and beyond. Delegates will discuss Africa’s evolving payments landscape, how the financial industry is embracing and delivering change for its customers, and how to manage risk in an increasingly digitised world.
We are honoured that His Excellency Nana Akufo-Addo will deliver the keynote address and open our flagship African event. ARC 2019 promises to deliver a thought-provoking agenda with senior speakers and dignitaries from across the continent sharing their insights and shaping the future of financial services in Africa.
Alain Raes, Chief Executive of Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific at SWIFT
The theme of this year’s African Regional Conference is ‘Enabling the Digital Economy’. Other confirmed speakers at the conference include:
- Julian Opuni, CEO, Fidelity Bank Ghana
- Mervat Soltan, Chairperson, Export Development Bank Egypt
- Matthieu Vacarie, General Director, YUP (Societe Generale)
- Abiodun Kasim, Treasurer, Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas
- Chipo Mushwana, Head of Ecosystem Development & Strategy, Nedbank
- Jack Ngare, Executive Director, Finserve Africa, Equity Bank Group
- Dr. Kasirim Nwuke, Chief of New Technologies and Innovation, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
- Aly Abdel Raouf , Head of Operations, Qatar National Bank Alahli, Egypt
- Kevin Rudahinduka, Head of Digital Home, Bank of Kigali
- Dale Morris, Research & Development, BankservAfrica
- Christabel Onyejekwe , Executive Director, Technology & Operations, Nigeria Interbank Settlement System
- Fashina Tomisin, Group CIO, Ecobank
- Connie Mkhize, Technology Delivery Manager, BankservAfrica
- Pattisson Boleigha, Chief Conduct & Compliance Officer, Access Bank
- Bahiyya Kara, Head of Compliance, Corporate and Investment Home, Standard Bank
- Elly Ohene Adu, Financial Inclusion Consultant, Ghana
SWIFT African Regional Conference
18 › 20 June 2019
Africa Payments: Insights into African transaction flows
SWIFT white paper explores trends in transaction banking in Africa and what is driving these changes and looks at possible evolution scenarios that will impact banking in Africa in the years to come.